Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spooktacular Quilt finish


I received these blocks from a swap back in 2009. I put it together in October of 2009 and that was as far as I got.  This was before I knew how to sew sashing on evenly. I also didn't measure each block trusting that each swapper made their blocks 12.5". I know better now of course. No matter, it's for my bed and I love it!


I pieced the backing. I bought the green bats back in 2009 specifically for this quilt. I meandered quilted it with bright green thread and used a fun orange binding that I had left from some other projects. Of course it wasn't long enough so I added some dark blue left over binding to make it long enough. It's been on my bed for a couple days now and I am very happy with it. This is the first handmade quilt I have ever used. All my quilts have either been sold or given away. Finally one for me. So much different than those store bought ones.

This is my 4th finish.  Robin @  RsIslandCrafts .

11 comments:

Fiona said...

Great to have that finished and that you have decided to keep it for yourself...
Hugz

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Such a fun quilt! Enjoy keeping it, I have binding to put on one and it will be the first quilt I'll keep for myself ...

Wendyb said...

Those first original ones are the best!!!! Congratulations...it looks spooktacular, Robin!!!!
xxx sew many hugs
Wendy :O)

rubyslipperz1052 said...

its the loving hands that go into the quilts that make them so wonderful to be under...perfect isn't really all that important.

Your quilt looks fun...and will share it's love with you each time you cover.

congrats on your finish!

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

Betsy said...

Looks fabulous. I see my block in their. I made place mats for my daughter with my blocks

Susan said...

You've done a great job putting some disparate blocks together

Linda in Calif. said...

Wow, you are the Finishing Queen! I need to come stay with you for a week, and I'd get so much finished up.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Wonderful quilt and congrats on finally having one for you!

miss~nance said...

Well done......

Maria said...

What a Spooky finish Robin. Well done.....

Laura said...

Isn't it fun to keep one?! What a great finish! Enjoy!