Sunday, March 4, 2012

Early March ... and another finish

Wow, I am really on track to do 12 UFO's in 2012 (my own challenge) infact, I might finish more than 12 at this rate!

This quilt is called "Tea or Coffee" and is a Millamac design. I started this as a group class with the designer, Sally, last April and had to miss a couple of classes as I travelled overseas for my holidays.  I never caught up and everyone finished their quilts but mine languished so it is nice to be able to showcase it here.

The blocks are all hand appliqued and the quilt is hand quilted along with gumleaves which I quilted on the border. Here are a couple of close-ups:
These are the kookaburras sharing a cuppa and a laugh!

These emus don't have arms to hold cups so a milkshake with straws is the way to go.  Aren't they glamerous girls?!

I will be putting more pics on my own blog at Bits 'n Bobs

Thank you for looking and thank you to all the inspirational comments I have received on my other finishes.

xoxoxox

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cath, I have this in my UFO pile too, and like you am hand stitching it all. I have not worked on it in over 12 months but its on my radar for a finish. Well done on finishing yours, it looks fabulous. Sue x

Betsy said...

This is a fabulous finish. congratulations!!

Maria said...

Love it, great finish.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

This is just too cute

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

This is just too cute

Fiona said...

So great it is finished... isn't it such a fun quilt... I love those pictures..
Hugz

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

What a fun quilt, I enjoyed looking at the close-ups. Great finish!

Norma said...

WOW! this is fabulous and congratulations on finishing the quilt:)
Hugs,
Norma

miss~nance said...

Fun quilt, great finish - well done.

Gail

Athena said...

Found you at Sew Many Ways - stopping in from TheStuffofSuccess and I am your newest follower. Have a great week. Athena

Laura said...

What a fun quilt! Thanks for sharing - and congrats on the finish!

Susan said...

What an unusual twist on an "Aussie" quilt - it looks great

Wendyb said...

Oh Cath...this is gorgeous...and soooooo cute! Love the emus!
I love the 12 months 12 finishes idea......must catch up now!!!!!
xxx sew many hugs
Wendy :O)