Monday, March 19, 2012

Back again - a 2nd for March

Here I am again with another finish for March.  I have been more productive than usual over the last couple of weeks and today when I was auditioning fabrics for yet another project, I found 3 UFO's that I had completely forgotten even existed.  This is one of them.

It is a sewing machine cover I made at least 2 years ago as a group project when I was still with the Kelly Girl Quilters. I used pre-quilted fabric for the background and appliqued a design onto it.  I think the pattern came from a Homespun Magazine. It was mostly finished except for the lining which needed to be secured.  I don't know why I didn't just bite the bullet and finish it way back when instead of loading it with pins for a later date, but it is finished now and a nice addition to the Creation Station!

A close up of the applique
It even fits "The Beast", although a little bit of a tight fit so maybe I will have to make another one sometime!
I think The Beast (aka Horizon) needs its own!
xoxoxox

click here for Bits 'n Bobs

12 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Nice sewing machine cover. It does look like the beast needs a cover of it's own.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

If I was your sewing machine, I would feel REALLY lucky and REALLY loved. Pretty!

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty appliqué flowers, great finish!

Fiona said...

very pretty.....
Hugz

scraphappy said...

Lovely finish. So glad you got it crossed off your list.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the finish...your cover is lovely. Why do we all do that...leave things almost finished

Maria said...

Your Applique on the sewing machine cover looks. great.

Susan said...

It looks great - and maybe another one - one day - but a machine cover is better than no cover.

Wendyb said...

Aw Cath, I don't know....a good tight fitting cover keeps out the dust and your's looks great!....don't see a problem with it at all!!!!
great job girl...well done!
xx sew many hugs
Wendy :O)

Chris H said...

That is a gorgeous machine cover!
NOW you have given me the urge to make one myself... but it's not a UFO... drat!

cgammeter said...

Wow, nice... did you do that stitch with, um I assume the beast is your sewing machine?
Hi, I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GF friend, please stop by and be my friend, too.

miss~nance said...

Nice cover. I really want to make one of these. AMybe I can turn some of my UFO blocks into one, thats a thought......