Monday, March 26, 2012

My Very First UFO!!

Yay!! My very first UFO listed here on Sew It's Finished!! I have finally finished this little Ladybug Quilt that I bought as a kit from the USA ages ago to make for my darling little granddaughter.  Well, I have finally finished in time to give it to her for her 2nd Birthday, last Sunday.  The 1st photo is of the quilt almost finished, and then the 2nd photo is when little granddaughter opened up the parcel, and she laid down on the quilt straight away, actually she laid her head down on it too, but I didn't catch a photo of that - but she loved it!  I had been up until 1am the night before finishing off the binding (the hand sewing bit), and now have a couple of holes in the top of my middle finger... *ouch* .... all worth it thought for the reaction my granddaughter had when she saw it.  We gave her a dolly, and other presents too, but it was so nice that even at only 2 she loved her little quilt :0) - makes all the hard work worth it, doesn't it?  Hopefully I will have even more finished items to add this year too.  Hugs to all from Suzie Q

The little petals on the flowers stand up, so they can be touched in a 3D effect
Here she is touching the little flowers and looking at the Ladybugs - oh so cute!

12 comments:

Grit said...

Ganz, ganz niedlich.
Grit

Fiona said...

really cute... great finish and it looks like your granddaughter loves it...
Hugz

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your first finish its very sweet, and something your little grand daughter will treasure for years to come.

Dawn said...

looks great Sue... well done...
Hugs Dawn x x x

Can't Stop Stitchin said...

oh that is adorable! and so is your little girl enjoying your UFO ! FINISHED....
yeah for you!

Wendyb said...

woohoooooo!!!......such a good feeling isn't it???? and well done you!!!!! Looks great.....so pleased it was so appreciated after all your hard work....the finger pricks were well worth it! sew many hugs
Wendy :O) xo

Ondrea said...

WEll, your first finish was well worth the effort. It is so lovely and the little one laying on it is even lovelier.

Laura said...

Very cute!

Sue said...

Thankyou to everyone for all your lovely comments. It has spurred me on to finish more of my UFO's this year!! Hugs n Blessings from Sue of country-blossoms@blogspot.com

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

They both are so cute! Great finish it looks like your granddaughter loves it.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Adorable!

Chris H said...

Congrats on your first finish... and isn't it so cute!