Saturday, March 23, 2013

5th finish for 2013

I am so determined to get at least one UFO finished each month this year that I have tried to come up with a bit of a plan to get things done. Firstly the big UFO to be finished this year WILL be Val Laird's "Consider the Lilies" wall hanging. All the blocks were made up at the beginning of last year with one blocks hand sewing finished and the second started by the end of the year. Well I have now completed the second blocks embroidery and will commence on the third shortly. Stayed tuned.......

I love table runners and I have several table runners in various stages of completeness in little baggies these are the next thing to mark off the list. So with that in mind a grabbed on bag the other day which had enough in it for two long table runners (can't remember why). This is the first of those table runners  using a quilt as you go method, fabric is basic Grey's "Sultry" by Moda (mmmmm love Basic Grey) jelly Roll (left over from teapot cosies which are still to be completed..
 

The rest of the fabric in that bag I have now been sewn together Jelly roll race style,I will add vertical borders to make it wide enough then quilt and bind it and another table runner/UFO will be done.

But first I will complete 2 more UFO hand towels which have now been earmarked as a personal swap.

After that I have another table runner, that I have designed myself, to complete using an Authentic by Sweetwater charm pack.

Then I will only have one more table runner to complete (made with caring hearts) and that UFO box will be done and dusted for this year.  There are only 4 more boxes to work my way through (bags, cushions, kitchen projects, completed blocks)  as well as a few small baskets of UFO's that haven't been sorted yet and 5 quilt tops still to be quilted.


That's do-able isn't it.........



10 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love the colors of your table runner. Nice finish!

Maureen Clare said...

Of course it's do-able. I don't doubt your optimism for a second. Go girl, is what I say. Cheers

Fiona said...

That's a lovely table runner....
Hugz

Valspierssews said...

Great table runner. I love the fabric. You have to believe its doable. Setting goals really does make it happen. You have some nice sounding projects on the go.

Susan said...

Absolutely do-able Love your runner!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Cool runner. So pretty. Way to go getting all of those UFOs done! :) xo

Melody said...

Such gorgeous fabrics in your table runner.

Susie said...

I think the fact you have a plan is an achievement in itself. I just don't even know where to start!!lol. I love your table runner. Nice colours.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

You're doing great working through your UFO boxes. I think having a plan is very important to get them all finished.

Your table runner is lovely. I like to make table runners/toppers because you get to use a variety of fabrics without a big investment of time or money. Plus, it's fun to change them out throughout the year. My family gets a little thrill when I change out the table topper. They love to see a new one or an old favorite.

Chris H said...

It sounds like you will be kept busy with all those UFO's for a long time to come!
Well done on this table runner, it is gorgeous. Pinks and Browns go together so well.