Saturday, March 2, 2013

Baby quilt in reds




I think I put this quilt top together in 2011 or it could have been the early part of 2012. Either way, I was in an online class with Bonnie Hunter and this is one of the designs we worked on. A couple years back I bought a mystery box of fabric and there was a couple quart size ziploc baggies crammed full of HSTs. I pulled out a bunch of red ones and added in the dot fabric from my stash and there it sat until recently. I decided to hand quilt this one. I used 3 strands of white or red embroidery floss to make some chunky quilting lines.


Of course my quilt inspector (Whiskers)  needed to check out my quilting stitches.   This is my fourth finish for 2013. 


~Robin 


7 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

:)

Marilyn said...

Your quilt is gorgeous. So pleased Whiskers approves your quilting.

Susan said...

It looks great - and what a great find in your mystery box!

Studio V said...

Beautiful!!

Unknown said...

This is lovely and cheerful

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Your quilt inspector seems to take his job very seriously.

Wendyb said...

All I can say is....be still my beating heart.....a RED quilt....I adore it!
great finish Robin!
xox hugs
Wendy :O)