Friday, March 1, 2013

My first 2013 finish...

Just squeaking one in for February - a UFO is from last October. One of my then-5-year-old twins started wiggling a tooth and put me in panic-mode to put together a quick tooth pillow. I had my other twin pick out a fabric, cut all the pieces, and sewed the felt pieces together, then it went into a project bag and sat. The twin with a pillow has been able to use his pillow twice - so the other twin is moping a bit. I'm hoping finishing his pillow will lift his spirits. We'll see when he gets home from school today. (That and they have tomorrow off from school for conferences...)
The new one is on the right. The first pillow turned out so skinny, I think I over-widened pillow #2. I still have one more pillow cut and ready to make. I'm hoping to strike a happy medium with that one! Maybe I'll be back next month with another finish! We just moved all 3 boys to twin beds, so I have a lot of quilting/finishing to do!
Laura

3 comments:

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

The pillows are so cute! Great finish!

Marilyn said...

So gorgeous.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Great pillows for little boys. These are wonderful for tooth fairy pillows but they will also be fun when they are no longer needed for a lost tooth.