Monday, March 25, 2013

A March Finish....

A couple of years ago, my 7 year old (at the time) granddaughter drew me some pictures of flowers. As a surprise for her I decided to applique them and make a wallhanger. So in 2011 I started on this project. Just as well it was a surprise for her as I didn't finish it till this past weekend, but she loved it. Only problem is my other granddaughter who had drawn me a picture of a house, that I had started to applique last year, (but she doesn't know that) wanted to know why I hadn't made her a wallhanger out of her picture.
So that will be the next project.....



The following are individual photos of the flowers......





11 comments:

Susan said...

I think this is a lovely idea!

Fiona said...

Just adorable ... what a great way to keep her artwork...
Hugz

Maria said...

it is sew nice to sew the kids drawings.
this one is gorgeous..

Average Quilter said...

It's so hard keeping up with them - they grow up so fast

Anthea said...

Wow what a lovely idea Lyndell, and you have stitched it a treat! Love it!! x

miss~nance said...

So cute, what a lovely way to remember her drawings.

Gail

Shanna said...

Oh that is so sweet! I once visited a church about 20 years ago where they had all the children draw bible stories and do the same thing. Its so sweet to capture the essence of a child!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful flowers, and they have quilted up very nicely. Will be waiting to see the house one now.

Maureen Clare said...

The colours are so fresh and I am totally in love with the idea of using the naive drawings of children

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Very sweet! What a wonderful way to save a child's artwork.

Chris H said...

That is a lovely thing to do... and so cute.
Well done on the finish Lyndell.