Saturday, March 23, 2013

One of MANY done this month!

I have really been working hard..almost forgot to publish at least one of them here! LOL  I have done several this month, but this is one that I'll put here to keep up with my promise.   I did post the other quilts on my blog, Passionate Quilter, if you'd like to see more.

I'm loving seeing everyone's work. My apologies for not making comments. Its pure laziness for sure. I read all my favorite blogs (this one included) through Google Reader...on Flipboard on my iPad. Well, to make a comment requires me to leave the app, go to the website to make a comment. And well...like I said..too lazy! and too much in a hurry to keep up with all my blog reading. I do get behind a lot! :)

One of the quilts I finished this month was 'Keep Calm and Quilt On'.  I designed this (after being inspired by a star quilt similar) for my Annual Pawleys Island Quilt retreat that I host. This wallhanging is about 42" square and was just the right size to fit into the schedule without making the whole week retreat about the one quilt. I did that one year, and it wasn't fun. People want to work on UFO's as well.

It will go in my recently redecorated guest room of gray, yellow and pink. This fabric was fun...it had all quilt related words on it. I forget the fabric line, sorry.  Unfortunately I buy fabric and after aging the proper amount of time, it's way past the limits of my memory!

Keep Calm and Quilt On

Keep Calm embroidered center


Back to work....I have a quilt that needs binding and another one needs the blocks finished.

Happy Quilting, Karen

7 comments:

miss~nance said...

lovely finish. Love the burst of yellow among the grey & white.....

Gail

Maureen Clare said...

I too love that burst of white. Very stylish

Fiona said...

lovely finish.... the yellow is perfect with it and I love that grey fabrics...
Hugz

Susie said...

Gorgeous and very striking! and oh so true!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Wonderful finish. I like a little burst of color among greys and blacks.

Wendyb said...

great job Karen....I went and had a look at the others on your blog.....wonderful.....I've added them into the count too!!! *wink* xox hugs
Wendy :O)

Chris H said...

Very pretty! Love the yellow in the middle... really stands out.