Sunday, March 31, 2013

March finish - scraping in again!

Hi all

My finish for March is a quilt for my daughter who lives in NZ so it will probably stay here in the UK until she comes to visit/or maybe comes home! She is 24 but loves quirky animal fabric.  I originally saw the pattern on the Missouri Star Quilt Company Youtube tutorials and I have adjusted it to the size I wanted.  I think the stack and whack is widely available pattern?   I have been catching up on the posts and what an amazing batch of finishes - again!
This is the front
 
the back
 
and a few other views.  The photo does not show how bright the animal fabric is against the white


I hope everyone has managed to find some sewing time over the Easter break - I have managed to finish this quilt and catch up on blogs - perfect day so far.
Lavinia

10 comments:

Susan said...

Stack & Whack is such a fun technique. Sure you daughter will ne pleased when she gets the quilt.

Maureen Clare said...

Better late than never, eh? A lovely surprise for your daughter

Marilyn said...

How lovely. Stack and Whack always looks so awesome. Love your spotty binding too.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monika said...

Love both front and back!!! Well done!

miss~nance said...

Love stack & whacks..... Looks great




Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I like the half blocks on the bottom of the front. I really like the back though. I love a bit of quirky on quilt backs. It's a nice surprise when you flip it over. Plus, a pieced back is a great way to use up some of the left over fabric from the front.

Lorene Holbrook said...

LOVE the back! The front is wonderful too. It always amazes me how a stack n whack turns out. Beautiful job!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Great quilt! Love the front and back. Happy Easter!

Chris H said...

That quilt is really lovely and I'm sure your daughter will love it.