Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March Finish


These kits came with a magazine subscription "Cross Stitch Magic" and "Needlecraft Magic". Each magazine came with a little sampler, some where to be made up as cards, others as magnets, needle books etc. Each month I would pull out the kit, stitch in the gridlines, sometimes I would start stitching....... at the time I had two very full on boys, newborn and a toddler so inevitably they would end up back in their packets and stored away.

More kits than I can poke a stick at.....
I love pin cushions, I just don't like using them. I had a couple packed away for years and recently pulled them out and hung them in my sewing room. They are only little and looked lonely and the idea came to me they might like some company and it all just fell into place with what I could do with the little kits. 
At the moment I have some long winded projects on the go and will not see a monthly finish for the Sew it's Finished Blog - and as I made a commitment to this blog I needed something that was achievable and the double whammy, a UFO would be removed from my massive list.


The two little cross stitches are my first finish. I have added the ribbon for hanging purposes, they will never be used as their name implies. 
 The miniature quilt also pictured is the tiny leftovers from a quilt I made for my Mother and Father in Law about 7 years ago. The squares are 3/4" finished. It is a replica of the bigger picture, so to speak. It will be used as a coaster.



9 comments:

Melody said...

They are lovely. If you don 't like using them where do you keep your pins?

Susan said...

They are lovely - I especially love the house one . . . .

Maureen Clare said...

I simply adore the little house one. I love making pin cushions and I put them all in a cane basket. My little grand daughter loves playing with them. When she goes home they are usually all lined up on the floor. I like the idea of hanging them. Good work

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

What a great idea Kaye.
Lovely finishes. Well done.

miss~nance said...

Oh they are so sweet.

Cheers

Gail

Fiona said...

Gorgeous pincushions ,,
Hugz

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Beautiful finishes. I wouldn't use a cross stitch pin cushion either. That's alot of little stitches (time spent) to be jamming needles into and possibly ruining. I like your idea of hanging them around the sewing room.

Looks like you will have lots of little finishes to keep you busy in between the larger ones.

Anthea said...

Kaye I have heaps of those little kits too... great to see you making a little progress on finishing a few! x

Chris H said...

Lovely finishes Chick.
I wouldn't want to be stabbing pins in them either, they are too cute.