Wednesday, March 6, 2013

sampler blocks are now a quilt

Most of these blocks were made in a class I went to throughout 2006, where we were given one pattern a month, plus the fabrics.  If we made up the block and took it back the next month we were given the next block makings free, otherwise we had to pay $5 for it.  I have added a few extra blocks  to make this quilt.

It has ended up big enough for using on a queen sized bed.  I didnt expect it to be so big when I started.  I did it as a quilt as you go.
(the prairie points are on the quilt underneath, they certainly are not the right colour for the top quilt).

This quilt is heading off to Chookyblue for the Caring with Quilts collection.

11 comments:

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Marilyn
That quilt is fantastic. It is great when you end up with a big/useful quilt and you didn't notice it happening. There will be a very happy person (or persons) who receive this one.
Debra

Val said...

Quilt as you go? What exactly does that mean? This is absolutely beautiful.

Maureen Clare said...

That certainly is a big quilt, Marilyn. Lovely blocks and what a nice way to offer a Block of the Month. I love the pillow sham? that I am spying. Maureen

Needled Mom said...

You did a beautiful job on it. Great finish!

Susan said...

That's turned out lovely - clever idea with the orange and then floral borders

Shanna said...

Great job! I am so glad you have finished!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

What a terrific finish. Your quilt looks fabulous.

Jane in Cumbria said...

It looks great, and I like the floral borders!

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilt !

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Beautiful quilt! After looking at the first picture I was surprised to see how large it actually is on a bed. Wonderful finish!