Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Penny Rug done .....


This UFO is from a BOM shared by  Melody  last year..... It is her Home Sweet Home Penny Rug and I have finally finished off the last touches having spent the last couple of days frantically sewing it .... 

I chose to back the rug with a large piece of felt
(well shrunken woollen blanket)
and used some well loved kitchen utensils to trace my circles


... all done...


We have rather a boring storage box (grandiechildren toys) in the lounge room


.... perfect .....


I used a lovely old linen tablecloth for the main piece and the felt is all old woollen blankets which have been felted ...  some I even found in the 'dog blankets' section.... 

This was a UFO from last year... glad to get it done... now that means I get to start a new project.....

Righto, Gotto Go... tracing to do....
 

7 comments:

Maria said...

Fiona your Home Sweet Home Penny Rug sure cheers up the chest..
Sew gorgeous and bright..

Marilyn said...

Beautiful, Fiona. I didnt realise it would be so big.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Great job Fiona! Not only do you have a finish but you also used up some recycled wool. It looks nice and colorful on the toy chest.

Maureen Clare said...

Fiona, I love the fact that you have recycled and wow how delightful. Very cheery and perfect for the wooden toy box.

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Fiona, that rug is beautiful. I love your wooden spoon shaped pennies on the edge.

A nice finish.
Debra

Wendyb said...

Well Fiona...looks like your penny rug has made it Home sweet Home....in more ways than one! :)
looks great and very much at home!
xox hugs
WEndy :O)

miss~nance said...

WOW, great penny rug, love how it looks on the chest.

Gail