Friday, March 1, 2013

February finish

Hi all
Just realised as I was typing  that it is still February here in England but you are already into March!
Here is my cushion cover from Sarah Fielkes Craftsy class.  The photo makes it appear dull - it is much brighter than shown.

 
It is my first attempt at needleturn applique.  There should be a few more leaves on the stalks - it does look sparse - but I needed to stop there as it was annoying me slightly.  I used scraps so its eco as well!

Lavinia

6 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Nice finish....I love the color against that black background.

Shanna said...

Great job!

Marilyn said...

Well done on your needleturn applique. The cushion looks lovely.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

It's beautiful! You did a great job on the needle turn appliqué. Love the colors, fantastic finish.

sunny said...

Very pretty! and it's still February in the US!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I am a big fan of brights on a black background. A very nice project to practice needle turn applique.