Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Out of the UFO pile, into a postage box




 I am very pleased to say that this UFO has been finished.

This quilt started it's life as  "Jelly Roll Race" quilt about 2 years ago and I loved it, I really did, but my then 8yo did not, so it sat.

and sat......

and sat .....

until I put my hand up to make an Aussie Hero Quilt for a Chaplain serving in Afghanistan.  Then inspiration struck, I could lengthen my Jelly Roll race and applique an Australia on top and that would be awesome.
 
So that is what I did.  I love it, I hope the chaplain does too when he receives it. It was squashed into its postage box and hugged goodbye at the post office yesterday.  Fast travels quilt. You are needed overseas.

 
This is a Sew its finished finish, an OPAM for March, an Aussie Hero Quilt and a great weight off my mind.

9 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Very nice finish!

Susan said...

Great finish - love the appliqued outline of Australia!

Anonymous said...

He should love it!!! ♥♥♥

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

That is fantastic, I'm sure that the Chaplain will love it.

Marilyn said...

Lovely quilt Debra. It has worked perfectly for the chaplain with the extra touches you have added.

Susie said...

Wow! It looks amazing. Well done!

Maureen Clare said...

A wonderful quilt for a wonderful journey. The colours are so Oz, Debra. Good on you!

Chris H said...

The quilt is very nice, and it is going to such a good cause. Well done Chick.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Wonderful quilt for a very good cause. I love that you appliqued Australia on it.