Just popped in to say hello. My name is Sonja, I'm from Texas, & I'm a fabric addict. I have more project "starts" than "finishes"....so maybe by joining here, it will help me get some old UFO's done.
Thanks Dawn :)
In the last few weeks I have finished 2 longish term UFOs, so thought it was past time to post them here.
The embroideries for the blocks were done when I was learning to use the embroidery software for my machine. I used fabrics that I had hand dyed. The border is not the bright pink as shown in the bottom photo - it is much more subtle than that. Not sure what happens to make the colours go so off.
The second finish is Daisy Street
I enjoyed doing these stitcheries over a couple of years, and finally got it assembled. Last weekend I did the quilting and it is finished.
These are the first four I finished. I have another 6 ready to bind. I've used the Sewing Revolution Bind Aid ruler and it made it so easy to finish.
Here are some other finishes that I think I've forgotten to put on:
Beatrice Bear by Always Stitching. Another beautiful doll. Just love her designs.
This was a split 9 patch I made with a Moda Layer Cake - bought from Homespun and Beautiful. It's a double bed quilt top. I just love the colours in this layer cake.
A cushion made using the Sewing Revolution's Create-a-tilt ruler. The cup cake in the centre is a machine embroidery pattern from Bunnycup Embroidery. All very easy to make and lots of fun. I made this with my sewing group at Sewing with Wendy.
This is a scrap raggy quilt I made with left overs from other quilts - all in 8 1/2 inch squares. Lots of fun to do and very quick. Cutting out was the longest part of the process.
I'll have to look through and see what else I've forgotten to put on here.