Thursday, April 26, 2012

# 8 is ready for Christmas


This month I have a Christmassy item done 

This quilt top was on my UFO list last year and this year ... 


I bought this jelly roll at a sale 

I loved the colours... but I didn't note the name of the range

The top was made following a Quilt-a-long online but I also didn't keep a record of where that was.... so I do apologise for not giving credit there....

I was delighted for find just the perfect perfect binding... different shop different year and it was there waiting for me....


and I had some arbitrary Christmas fabric in my cupboard which was just perfect for the backing......


and I quilted rows ... and rows... and rows.....

stars and mistletoe and trees

ribbon and baubles and holly leaves

not a difficult design but the overall effect is fun


I have started the lovely motivational stitcheries from Dawn and Wendy .... now I have to finish something each month so I can do all the stitcheries....

Here's the first block of "Seasons Of".....


I am using a charm pack of Bliss with some plain white homespun for the stitcheries

Thanks Dawn and Wendy... these are so cute

Righto... gotta go.... I'm sure there is another UFO leaping out at me....

  (FionaBubz)

9 comments:

Maria said...

Great finish and I love the fabrics you used for the stitchery Fiona.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I thought this blog was supposed to help us finish projects..not inspire us to start new ones!! :) :)

Kerri said...

it is beautiful!! i just love the quilting!!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Wonderful quilt! The quilting is fun and I love the back (very cute).

Nancy said...

Cute quilt, I especially like the backing fabric and the quilting.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful quilt! Love the quilting - so fun! I'm still doing straight quilting, love your trees,stars, holly.......Great finish!

Cheryl said...

Love the quilt and the quilting. Great job!

Chris H said...

Yor quilt is gorgeous!