Friday, February 14, 2014

My oldest UFO done!

Yep, this was started as an online Row by Row swap in 1999! We all chose a block to do and make enough for a row. We then made our own row, passed the row and fabric on to the next person. Well, the person ahead of me was doing awesome blocks! So much so, that by the time she got close to the end, she dropped out! I was bummed. I asked her if I could send her fabric and if she would do my row when she felt back up to it. She agreed.








Well, I took a poll last week at a quilt retreat and we all agreed that 15 years was long enough to wait! LOL. I put this together with what rows I had. The back is all the leftover pieces. I got it quilted and bound tonight and is now ready for maybe a little girl who needs some hugs.

The tulip fabric was my inspiration, but I didn't have enough for a border. I thought I did. It's probably in a very, very safe place!

Karen

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks great and I know it feels good to have it finished.

Fiona said...

It's a lovely finish...
Hugz

Barb said...

What a fantastic quilt!

Shelley said...

Karen, I think I was in this Row Robin but in another group cause I have almost the identical quilt with the exception of maybe one row being different. Did you do this with, and I can't remember for sure, but it was either the Canadianquiltswappers or Mapleleafquiltgroup.I too had a problem with getting a row done by one person. Yours is beautiful:)I did finish mine and it hung in the Quilt NB 2003 quilt show put on by the Canadian Quilter's Association.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Looks amazing as it is. I love the colors.I've tried doing the row Robins before and I always seem to be in a group that has one person who is very slow or just never does their row.

pollyanna said...

I like your row-by-row and glad you didn't wait for 16 years ;) It came together so nicely and love the fabrics on the backing!

CathyC said...

lovely rows :)