Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Finishes 8, 9, and 10

Finally, here's my April finish.


I started this quilt in 2008.  It was a block of the month  starting in the middle and working your way out receiving fat eights each month.  The center is hand pieced and after taking a class I switched to machine piecing.  The beautiful quilting is done by Dan.  I don't think the pictures show all the intricate detail. 



I also finished these two ornaments which were started in 2010.  I had the stitching done but didn't finish putting the ornaments together.  There's still more ornaments to finish.....maybe next month.


14 comments:

Fiona said...

Stunning quilt Danette... so vibrant and alive... those darling ornaments.... so very special... just love them
Hugz

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Congrats on your wonderful finish. This quilt is a lot of work and lovely

Cheryl said...

I'm with Fiona...."stunning"!! Congrats on such a wonderful finish.

Maria said...

Yep a stunning quilt indeed.
Fabulous finsh Danette.
Lovely hearts too.

Passionate Quilter said...

Love, love, love it! Great job!

Susan said...

Wow! I am bowled oer by that quilt - what gorgeous fabrics. Just adore the hearts too.

Celine said...

Well done, your quilt is gorgeous. Never too late to finish!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Thank you for all the wonderful comments!

Narelle said...

Your quilt is an absolute stunner and the ornaments are lovely!

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

so beautiful, congrats!!
Liebe Grüße
Bente

Sheila said...

Incredible quilt , such a blast of color , wonderful job and I also love your ornaments !

Wendyb said...

Oh Danette...just gorgeous!!!! what more can I say!?! I'm in awe!
sew many hugs
Wendy :O) xox

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Gorgeous quilt!

Chris H said...

Wow you've done well with three finishes!!!