Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hi there - leanne here from daisy and jack

I still haven't completed and posted my ufo list but thought I'd better post as its almost half the year gone - however I did get this table runner done on the weekend - I've bought it as a kit last year and it was on my ufo list so my first ufo list finish !



and here is my list that I'm challenging myself to get done by the end of June - I'm away from home at the moment so can't actually do my whole ufo list so I thought a mini list would be good - you know one step at a time !

these are projects I've brought with me to queensland and I'm here till mid june so I'd love to be taking them home completed - the quilts will only be tops as I didn't bring the backing fabrics etc. with me - I was already 5 kilos over on my baggage on the way up so I think I'll be posting some fabrics home !
  1. mini wild thing quilt top 1 - mostly cut out
  2. mini wild thing quilt top 2 - mostly cut out - yes, I changed my mind on the background fabric so bought more fabric and now will have two quilts :)
  3. zig zag quilt top - I did have all the pieces cut out then decided to change the background fabric so need to cut that out so I can do the top
  4. hexagon quilt top - all the pieces are cut out and waiting to be sewn
  5. sew sashing on uber quilt top - the blocks for this top were done last year and just need to be sewn with sashing
  6. embroidery on bag for mum - I need to finish a little bit of embroidery and then make into a bag for mum
  7. mug rug for dad - this will be a new project but I'd like to get it done while I'm in queensland
  8. wonky squares quilt top - new project but I've had the fabric and its been on my list since last year
  9. bunny hill dresden plate quilt top - I have the fabric in kit form so its really a new project !
so that's my mini list ! I'll be back in a few weeks with an update and hopefully I can cross a few projects off !

6 comments:

Olive said...

I stand in awe of your quilting ability. I believe one of you left a darling comment on my blog tonight and I had to visit and say thanks so very much. Comments about my series touch me more than you can ever know. hugs, olive

Susan said...

That is quite a list for a relatively short time - good luck with it all. Your table runner is a great start.

Narelle said...

Love the colours in your table runner ... nice finish!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Great finish on the table runner. Hope you find enough time to complete your projects...you didn't give yourself a lot of time! Good Luck!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Very cute table runner. Love the ric rac.

Chris H said...

Beautiful runner... I just love the colours you have used.