If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Sunday, May 20, 2012

Made it in May

Imagine my *sad face* because due to unforseen family issues and a dash over to the UK, I missed out on getting a finish in for April but here is what I finished today so since I did two finishes in March, I am still on target to do my own challenge of "12 in 12".  I also bought some backing today, for my next finish that I am planning.....more on that later.

For now here is my "made it in May"

A cushion cover that I started way back in 2006. I finished the top and quilted it, then appliqued the stems and attached the yo-yo flowers. Then I couldn't decide how to finish it off.....piping around the edges? a frilled edging? do I put in a zip? or buttons on the back? Ughh, that means buttonholes! Easier to put it on the "get around to it" pile. Then I got a surprise from Sue (Quilted Hugs) a couple of weeks ago which was a cushion cover and I made my decision how to finish it off.  On the back, I ended up using brad buttons that are attached using a hammer and a special tool. I had some left over from an outfit I made my daughter "20" years ago!!!!!

Till next time,

xoxox
@ Bits 'n Bobs

5 comments:

Fiona said...

Lovely cushion ...
Hugz

Kim said...

That's fab! I always put buttons on the back of my cushions, but get very anxious using the button hole bit on my sewing machine - I can never remember how I did it the last time. It is indeed very satisfying to get a long standing project finished!

Sue B said...

Great job Cath, I am pleased I inspired you. I love the colours in this one and the yo you flowers are perfect. I can never make yo yo's the same size as each other.

sunny said...

Oh my gosh - it's wonderful!

Chris H said...

OH WOW that cushion is just adorable.