Saturday, February 2, 2013

Long awaiting UFO done.... (#6)

I have finally finished this quilt .....


It's about 46" square and will be lovely for a cot or a playmat... or even a toddler bed...


I sewed the blocks a couple of years ago.... they are so sweet with the backstitch and little patches!


.... added the borders and did the quilting last year .....


finally adding the binding last month...


and now it is finished....


quite a fun animal farm fabric for the back....


Righto, Gotto Go... the weekend to enjoy.....

 (FionaBubz)

8 comments:

Fiona said...

,,

Marilyn said...

That is such a cute quilt.

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Lovely Fiona. It is really cute.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

What a sweet finish. I just adore that backing fabric.

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

I'll have another go... fat fingers today! :-)

Farmyard Friends is my "go to" quilt for new babies in our family. I've made three so far with one more already embroidered just waiting for me to do the four patch blocks. This one will be for our Maisy.

I have the zoo pattern from Ella and Skysie too, another great hand embroidery project.

I love how you have done the meandering right up to the embroidery - looks great!

Happy Sewing!

Wendyb said...

Oh Fiona...just gorgeous! Yep, I agree, the stippling right to the embroideries looks great! I'll have to remember that for my quilting next time! Thanks heaps ;)
xox hugs
Wendy :O)

sunny said...

It's so sweet! I love all the stitcheries.