Thursday, February 28, 2013

Finally Finished!

This quilt was hand pieced in 1985 as a block of the month and was my second quilting/piecing project.  (The first one was four blocks from a beginners class...which never was finished.)  My mom started quilting it for me but she passed away in 1987.  I finally pulled the quilt back out and had it quilted.  Dan did a fabulous job - every block has a different quilting pattern and the borders are gorgeous!



I finished binding just in time to post this month.  It's been cold here and every time I sat down after to work with my quilt to bind, I wound up taking a nap!  It's so warm and cozy!!!




8 comments:

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Danette said..

An Oasis in the Desert said...

The quilt is just beautiful. I can so identify with the nap-thing -- let me get comfy and warm and I'm out like a light!

Needled Mom said...

It looks beautiful all finished.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

It looks fabulous, great finish.

Marilyn said...

That is amazing. So pleased it is now finished as it is much too nice to be hiding away as a UFO.

Susan said...

Its lovely - and I am sure it holds special memories for you too.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Thank you for all the wonderful comments. I'm not getting comments to show up in my email...I checked the box - .it worked last time???

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Beautiful! You did an amazing job hand piecing. It looks like alot of work. I'm sure you are thrilled to have it finished. Nothing like a snuggly quilt to nap with (even better now that it is finished lol)