Saturday, January 8, 2011

My First finish for 2011

I just signed up for this UFO challenge yesterday but thought I would share this quilt I completed this week after it sitting for three years .It was a One Day Mystery quilt designed by Planet Patchwork and this was my very first time trying a mystery quilt and almost my last . I wasn't all that fond of the result when I first finished the top so I added some applique to give the quilt a new look. I'm excited about this year and my plans to finish some UFO's that have been lurking for a while , we won't say just how long and probably start a few new ones as well.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on getting it all finished!! That's a big finish!

Lucky-1 said...

Well worth the wait, just stunning:)

Wendyb said...

Wow.....I looked at the Planet Patchwork mystery quilt this new year and decided agains it but it was only a table topper! You've certainly added your own twist on it with the applique and it works beautifully! Well done....now onto an easy one for your second finish!!!!! LOL
sew many sugary hugs
Wendy X :O)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I like what you did to it.....the applique was the right idea

sunny said...

The applique is a great touch. Beautiful quilt.

Sue said...

The applique was just what it needed to give it a lift. It is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Sheila this quilt is just stunning well done and hope you get a lot more UFO'S done this year.Full steam ahead.
Sheryl from http://shez-enjoyinglife.blogspot.com

Chris H said...

I love that quilt!
WEll done on the finish.