Monday, October 21, 2013

Does this scarecrow still have his stuffing?

It is interesting what you find when sorting through fabric boxes.  I came across this appliqued piece.  My younger daughter started this - I dont know how long ago, but she was still at school, so it has to be more than 12 years ago, and probably more like 15, at a guess.  She did most of the blanket stitching before giving up.  I finished it off (by machine I might add), and that was it.  It is a wonder the poor old scarecrow still had any straw in him !!!  When I found him again, I decided to make him into a cushion.  I am not sure now whether the pattern was a wall hanging, cushion or what, but it doesnt matter - he makes a lovely cushion.


4 comments:

Marilyn said...

;) <3

creations.1 said...

he just took a little while to reach maturity and find the right place o be scary!!!! he looks great.

Unknown said...

He is so cute, reminds me a bit of Raggedy Andy ( Raggedy Annes brother).

Chris H said...

He does indeed look lovely as a cushion. Very cute.