Friday, June 15, 2012

2011 Leftovers

Two more quilts quilted and bound -- Finally It's Finished Friday!

First up, "Framed Squares."  This was a "Brown Bag Surprise" at Ruth's Stitchery last year.  My favorite part of "Brown Bag Surprise" is that Ruth cuts the fabric, so all you have to do is sit down and sew.

This one is going to a friend in Idaho who is retiring after many years as a music teacher.  I quilted it with a meander stitch, using King Tut thread. (Had to get this photo quick while the tall quilt holder was home.  Like the bare feet?)


The last 12th Birthday quilt for this year is going to Washington.  It's called "Bounty of Blues."  I made it when Patchwork Times  was hosting "monochrome color of the month" last year. 

This week, I counted all my quilt tops that need to be quilted.  50!  I'm going to try to quilt two each week so I'll be finished by the end of the year. 





7 comments:

Susan said...

I LUV the monochrome quilt - great idea. You sure are motoring along.

Dayna at Driving Miss Daisy said...

Wow that is a lot of quilt tops! I wish I could find the time to piece that much!

Kathy said...

I love your quilts and I think the quilting block swaps are neat. I'm rather new at this and would love for you and your friends to join me at www.sewcraftykathy.blogspot.com

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful quilts! I love the Framed Squares. Great finishes!

Chris H said...

Wow they both look awesome!

Jewells said...

50 quilt tops! WOW!! what are you going to do with all the finished quilts???

KJC said...

The monochrome quilt looks great. What are you going to do with 50 tops! You must be a very fast piecer!
Lavinia