Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I DID IT!

See what happens when you pull your finger out!
I worked hard all day sewing bindings on, then hand stitching the back side... and here they are:



ABOVE: all 9 placemats finished.  It took me over a year to get these done.  I'm so happy I've got one FINISH done for this year!

It wasn't that easy either:

ABOVE:  I had wee Coco cramping my style while I was doing the hand sewing! She's such a love.
Now... I'm going to get another UFO out of a box and finish it!
ONWARD...

8 comments:

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

They are beautiful! I think I would have to cover them with plastic [hahaha] if I used them for a dinner party!

Happy Summer and looking forward to seeing the next completed UFO!

Katie
www.westiejulep.blogspot.com
www.katiesews4fun.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Great jib Chris - you must have slaved all day!!!

Dayna at Driving Miss Daisy said...

Very nice...you are a worker bee for sure!

Fiona said...

Woo hooo......They look great.... and I'm sure Coco enjoyed all that cuddle time...
Hugz

Kaye R said...

Reeeaaaaly well done. The ice is broken.

Wendyb said...

Look great Chris...well worth it!!
Sew many hugs
Wendy :0). Xox

Quiltingranny said...

These are so very pretty. It feels great to finish doesn't it?

JLVerde said...

I thought only cats liked to "help" with sewing projects. Nice to see dogs are just as "helpful".

Placemats? Coco says they are wee doggie beds!