If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Thursday, June 28, 2012

Stripey Logcabins

Too much time on my hands yesterday so I got my binding stitched on and therefore my Stripey Logcabin Quilt is finished:
Awkward angle to photograph and with our cat Crystal :-)
It consists of two different size blocks - 11 1/2" and 10" with strip of dark batik on two sides. With better planning I might have avoided running short, but on a few places (e.g. top right corner) I pieced some of the log cabin strips with that same dark batik.
Some of the stipple quilting on the polar fleece backing - night time shot, the colours are a bit different in natural light (inspired by the NZ Paua shell = abulone)
And it goes with the now two cushions of that same material :-)
There are still some more leftovers of that same material... do you think I will get sick of it eventually???

Finish No. 13 I think :-)

Happy Sewing!!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Just love all those colours - just my style.

Gingersnaps Quilts said...

Very pretty!

Chris H said...

Lovely quilt and cushions!
If you have some fabric left over what about matching mug rugs/coasters?