Saturday, June 9, 2012

June 1st finish - a small project

I was fortunate to win a Rainy Days pattern through one of the quilting magazine competitions several years ago, and thought I'd start with the chair caddy.  Got as far as the 2 bright pieced pockets, then found the instructions and my brain didn't match, and also got sidetracked by other, easier to follow projects - nothing new there.


When Dawn and Wendy tempted us this month, I searched the PhD cupboard, found this and several other small projects I thought I could have a go at now I've had a bit more experience, and a long break from those items.  This one, I modified the instructions to suit me, and now DH has a chance to find the TV remote and his reading glasses [if he remembers to use the bright red/orange caddy on his chair arm].






This is my 2nd finish for 2012, and I'm feeling very motivated.
Happy sewing, everyone

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks really nice, glad you finished it.

Unknown said...

Love the bright red - great finish!! :)

Susan said...

Well Done - sometimes things work better if you leave it for a bit!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Great finish! Congrats!

Chris H said...

I just love the colours you have used...so bright and cheerful.