Sunday, June 3, 2012

Two finishes

It has been a long time coming but I am happy to report that I have finished off not one but two UFO'S that have been around far too long. First off is this runner that I know I started at least two but most likely three years ago , I got the pattern from an Australian Country Threads magazine , one of my favorite magazines , anyway I was going great guns in the beginning , traced off both stitcheries and sewed together the charms , wow I will have this on my sewing machine in record time I thought , well I was wrong , I did some of the embroidery but then as often happens in my world , I know this would never happen to you, but I got distracted by yet another project so the embroidery got set aside only to be buried under , well a mountain almost never to be seen again . I discovered the work the latter part of this winter and started to pick at the embroidery again and finished off one end and then could not find the other end so again it sat . I finally found some fabric in my stash that was the same so traced off the pattern again and finished the other end after a couple of weeks of sewing , did I mention I am slow at embroidery .Guess what once I finished the second end I found the missing other end wrapped up in the finished charm squares , never even though to open that up , dah . So here is the runner after that long winded explanation.
Second project that has been around for a while is this crazy patch quilt , for well over  a year I took part in Crazy Quilting Fridays with Betsy of Quilting Fiesta  . Each Friday we would make one crazy patch block and post a picture , I really enjoyed taking part and had made enough for two quilts or almost . I made this lap quilt with the lighter blocks as it turned out that I had about half dark and half light and I didn't care for putting the two together so decided two quilts it would be.
 Not the best picture I know but the best I could do at the moment . I did do a little more quilting on this after I took the photo and it looks a little better . I am happy with it it looks so summery.
Enjoy your day.
 Sheila

9 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful finishes UFO finishes Sheila..
Love them both..

Lida said...

Lovely and a fantastic story! May by you can use the other part still! Greetings
lida

Grit said...

Wunderschöne Arbeiten.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Dayna at Driving Miss Daisy said...

I love the both...Beautiful!

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

oooooh I like this, very pretty!!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful, congrats on the finishes!

Susan said...

Spare blocks come in handy sometimes - love the colours in the second one - so pretty.

Chris H said...

OH yes I do love them both. such lovely colours.

Chris H said...

I meant to add, I usually love brights, but your choices are just so pretty.