Friday, June 29, 2012

Another June finish for me

Feeling pleased I've managed to complete a small quilt this month from a pack of 30 random charm squares I'd given up on some 3 years ago.  I'd tried putting these Kaffe Fassett fabrics together as a table runner, bed topper, placemat set and even pot holders, and didn't like the way any of my layouts looked at the time, so of course they went into the UFO zone.


Serendipity struck when I saw a tutorial on Missouri Star Quilt Co's online website showing an easy pattern for charm squares, called "Xs and Os", so here's the result -






  I've found a pattern I will be happy to use with other charm packs I have that offer more co-ordinated fabric ranges, and I've used these unusual items from my stash to make an item for charity. I also used up most of the offcut half square triangles from the main blocks to make a pieced outer border on  sides, so there's almost no waste with this pattern -win/win situation.


I'm still happily  sewing other PhD's, so may still be able to post another finish by tomorrow's deadline.
Good luck to anyone else rushing to finish their projects

2 comments:

Susan said...

Great work - isn't it great to have an incentive??

Chris H said...

I love the little quilt, it's so cheerful looking.
Well done on finding just the right pattern for the fabric.