Saturday, June 23, 2012

From a lonely teddy to a treasure cushion

This little lonely bear panel was very lonely on my wall since I finished it in 2008 or 2009. It was to be a baby wall hanging but never got finished.
Until this week, when I decided to turn it into a secret pillow / pocket pillow/ treasure cushion / pyjama tidy, you can choose the name!
I cut my panel with a gentle curve to make a pocket in front of the pillow.
I made the body of the pillow with a lovely teddy bear print fabric I had stashed away.
And here is my finished item that I was planning to sale but has been claimed by my daughter already. 
Celine

8 comments:

Dayna at Driving Miss Daisy said...

What a cute bear! I love it!

Lida said...

Lovely! Your daughter is very clever to pick this one! Greetings
Lida

Quiltingranny said...

So stinking cute and adorable, I love it!

Fiona said...

very sweet... no wonder your daughter picked it out to keep...
Hugz

Cath said...

Adorable bear and what a clever idea. No wonder your daughter snapped it up!

Chris H said...

That is just gorgeous, what a clever idea. Might have to steal it! lol

Susan said...

Great idea - great finish!

Angie said...

What an adorable pillow!