If you wish to join please email us your details and we will send an invite if we have space to, if no space available we will add your name to our waiting list and we will email you to join us as soon as a spot is available.

Thanks Dawn and Wendy
x


Monday, June 25, 2012

2nd little June finish

Managed to complete this double oven mitt /pot holder which has been on the go since November 2010, when a friend showed me the pattern.  Full of enthusiasm, I cut out out pieces for 3, ready for small Christmas gifts [2010] - but, of course, it didn't happen.  The incentives challenge brought them out again, and this one is now destined as a part 'thank you' to relatives we'll stay with overnight in August.



This has easy quilting, bias binding and a layer of wool batting plus a layer of Insul-batting, and really hasn't taken long to complete after all.  The other 2 may get finished this month, but I'm not holding my breath, as I have been working on 5 other PhD's at the same time and would like to see if I can get at least one of those quilts finished first - depends whether fabric arrives from USA in time to complete the project - and if DH can tolerate all the sewing paraphenalia taking over the lounge a bit longer.

I'm most impressed with what everyone has achieved so far this month, &  looking forward to all the new posts to come before 30th - happy stitching

2 comments:

Chris H said...

Very pretty, and handy too!
I've made about 15 of those... I donated them to a local college. Well done on your finish.

Highland Monkey's said...

Isn't it strange that once you get started it only takes a little while to finish....the time is taken procrastinating!!