Thursday, June 14, 2012

A block exchange finish

As the founder of Quilting block swaps Australia, this is the fourth quilt that I have completed made out of blocks received in this exchange.  I have named this quilt BlacK KaT and will be giving it to my friend Deb for her 50th in July. 

Deb is a avid cat lover which is why I appliqued the cats on the quilt.

I started collecting blocks for this in September 2011 so its been a WIP since then.


Contributors to this quilt came from far and wide.  Blocks were received from members in Australia, Canada, USA, France, Portugal and Spain.  As always when I lay a quilt out to photograph my dog Robbie takes advantage of getting his photo taken, isn't he cute. 

I received 2 identical blocks in the exchange so I made a matching cushion.

6 comments:

Susan said...

How effective in black & white with red!

Maria said...

The blocks look great together. I am sure your friend will love it.

ShirleyC said...

Very pretty, and Robbie is adorable!

Fiona said...

looks great... Robbie is very sweet and I love the addition of those cats...
Hugz

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful quilt, I love the red sashing. Congrats on the finish

Chris H said...

Aww the dog is so cute... so it the quilt!