Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Christmas table topper

This table topper was almost a finish for last year.  The blocks were from a Christmas Ornament block exchange for members of the Creative Quilting Forum in 2008.  The fabrics I have sashed them in, and the border fabrics  were from a noodle swap from about the same time or even earlier, with the same forum’s members. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Before last Christmas I had sewn the blocks together and – well I remembered that I had started the quilting.  When I pulled it out this month I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had finished quilting it and had put on the binding. It was just waiting for the handstitching, and a label to be made. 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Now it is finished and waiting to be used at Christmas this year.  It will be so good as all the blocks are signed by the makers, so holds lots of memories.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

4 comments:

Fiona said...

That's a great table topper with all the friends on it too ....
Hugz

Marilyn said...

Thank you Fiona. So pleased it is finished and I can enjoy it.

Chris H said...

It's very pretty!

Susan said...

Lovely idea - to keep all those memories alive at Christmas.