Saturday, December 17, 2011

It is becoming to look a lot like Christmas!

We had our first dust of snow this morning, last day of school. Sadly, it was all melted by lunch time but at least it was pretty this morning.
Although we put up our tree last week-end... before the tree skirt was finished, I am proud to say that  it is now finished and around the tree, I did the last stitch on the binding last night.
I made my skirt using blocks I made and received from the Christmas Scrappy Block Swap I took part in in August 2009! I know that was a looooong time ago... My blocks have been patiently waiting to be used since then. I only got them out about a week or two ago and decided that this was the year I was going to get them into a quilt, they were not going to wait yet another year until next Christmas.
This one is a real UFO when you think the blocks were pieced about 30 months ago. This is my 4th finish this year (and second in about 2 weeks) and I am hoping to have another one to report very shortly, only needs the binding now... Watch this space!

Celine

7 comments:

sunny said...

Great way to use your blocks! I have a very small tree, and it doesn't have a skirt. You've just inspired me.

Wee Little Birds said...

Well worth the wait...they look great

Leeanne said...

What a neat tree skirt, I would never have thought to make a square one, but it works well.
Snow, wouldn't that be amazing for Christmas, here in New Zealand people head to the beach for Christmas as it is summer *~*

Carla said...

Love this! Very cool how you framed the detail in the squares.

Angie in SoCal said...

Wonderful idea for a tree skirt. I like how bright and colorful it looks. LOL - as to ufos - I have one 20 years old -my second quilt. And I do mean to finish - it's at the hand quilting stage.

Wendyb said...

Great idea Celine and a great finish! Zooming towards the finish line!
Christmassy hugs
Wendy :O) xo

Celine said...

Thanks for your kind comments ladies. It is just such a nice feeling to finish something off!