Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mystery UFO finished

I finished one UFO yesterday
but I can't show a picture as yet because I need to send it to the recipient first, hence the name for now of Mystery UFO.

Of course I am happy and proud to have finish one UFO of my list. But I am also ashamed it has taken me so long because this was a friendship project. I gathered the blocks in the Spring last year with a view of assembling and finishing the quilt to send it off in the summer. But life got in the way, I spent most of the summer with no energy, resting most of the time and being signed off work. Then I went back to work in September and I must admit I did pick that project first because I had so much to catch up with. So I only picked the blocks again towards the end of last year with the idea of finally making the quilt. I managed to piece the top before Baby Daughter was born but didn't go any further so, of course, it had been waiting since. Finally earlier this month, I picked it up again to add the border, quilt the top and this last week add the binding. The quilt is now finish and ready to fly!

Celine

2 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Congrats on the finish! I like the little sneak peek.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Nice finish, thanks for the peak.