Sunday, February 12, 2012

Number 2 Finish


Yahooooooooo another finish. My hearts table runner is complete. I have quilted in some hearts free motion style in 2 different sizes and quilted in the ditch around the stitcheries.



The Back


I have used, looks like a polyester wadding and it has really puffed the quilting up and the stitcheries. Usually I use a cotton wadding and when I compare the 2 different types the quilting is not as noticeable on the cotton. I guess it depends on the look you are after. I think the cotton wadding can make a quilt quite stiff if it has a lot of quilting where the poly would be more fluffy.
At present I am about getting my projects finished and using up what I have in my stash so I will use what wadding I have in my stash for now. Very happy with the finished project and another UFO crossed off my very long list. The stitcheries were completed in February last year. Took me another year to get it pieced together and quilted. This is a newer UFO in my huge pile. Now off and onto the next UFO.

Have fun cre8ting where ever you are

Bye for now ~ from Liz A

11 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats on your finish! I like your swirly hearts. Very cute.

Susan said...

Lovely quilting - a real talent!

Shirley-Anne said...

Well done .What a show piece ! it is beautiful .

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Lovely tablerunner!

Chris H said...

OOO that is gorgeous! I love table runners.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful table runner, love your quilted hearts. Great finish!

Jolene said...

LOVE the quilting! You finished it just in time!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Congrats on your finish. It may have taken a year but at least it is done for this Valentine's Day.

Nicole said...

That is soooo pretty!

miss~nance said...

Very nice.....

Blessings

Gail

Wendyb said...

Oh Liz, these are gorgeous!!! What stitcheries did you do??? Love your swirly hearts quilting....and just in time for Valentine's day too!
sew many hugs
Wendy :O) xx