Friday, June 29, 2012

June Finish

When I joined this group I was soooooo going to finish a heap of projects including the big ones, unknown to me another large project was going to challenge my one project a month off my to do list. The big projects are still at the bottom of the list but the little annoying ones are being completed. I am struggling even to meet the little ones, but I am really enjoying the incentive of an email from the lovely organisers of this blog and use it as my driver to complete and post.

This finish is the leftovers from flying geese construction on this little quilt. 


So from a couple of extra lines of sewing, which at the time I thought I was nuts, I finished two coasters. The original quilt was started 3 or 4 years ago, and I was too tight to throw these bits away. I am really looking forward to trying one out tonight with my cup of tea.


Happy " End of Financial Year"........

6 comments:

Fiona said...

What a lovely little quilt.... and I really like that you have used the little scraps for those coasters... what neat neat neatly stitched blocks they are....
Hugz

Unknown said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Susan said...

They are so cute - and a great way to use up those bits. I totally agree about the incentive - I too have a lot of big projects on my to do list - and it is hard to do them - as well as the other 4 main & big things I am working on - but the incentive of a little drawing each month makes me find something to finish off.

Susan said...

PS - Love that top quilt - what is the pattern??

Studio V said...

Those are so cute!

Chris H said...

I'm too tight too!
I've got heaps of those little triangles !
Well done on your finishes, I love the little coasters.