Monday, January 30, 2012

1st UFO done!

Ok, so it's not that old of a UFO, but still was languishing a few months and needed to be done. Nothing like starting with the easiest one first! LOL

Joy's Parting Gift

Wishing I had made the 'ties' a bit longer but too late now. It was made for a friend who moved out of state and I had all our our friends sign parting wishes for her.  I was inspired by a pattern I saw, but didn't like the large size it made, so I just created my own.  I sewed Jelly Roll strips together, adding a wide 'ribbon' 1/3 of the way over.  Then I cut 1/3 off the top of the strip set and added another 'ribbon'.  Added a bow and voila! Done!  I quilted it with various size swirls.   And it's on it's way. 



13 comments:

Fiona said...

a lovely gift...
Hugz

Valspierssews said...

What a good idea to have people sign the quilt gift.

sunny said...

How cool! Starting with something easy is the best way to start, then you're motivated to keep on going. great finish!

GittaS said...

Wow!!!!a lovely gift!
Hugs
Gitta

miss~nance said...

Beautiful gift..... I love the wishes writen on the "ribbon", fabulous idea, a great keepsake.

Wendyb said...

What a lovely 'present'.....and a great finish to just squeeze in!!!
sew many hugs
Wendy :O) xo

Susan said...

What a lovely idea as a 'memory' gift.

Maria said...

What a great way to remember friends.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

What a lovely gift, such a nice memory quilt for your friend to have.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

That is the sweetest thing you could have given her...love it

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Such a fun going away gift.

MJ said...

What a great idea, I love it.

Marilyn said...

Love this idea for a memory quilt. Looks so good.