Sunday, January 22, 2012

First Finish for 2012


My first finish for 2012 and for the 'Sew its Finished' challenge. I joined last year and made my list ( a shocking list that was) then the wheels seem to fall off the cart and I didn't finish anything. Felt very depressed about this. So I was glad to hear that the challenge is continuing this year and I have been bitten by some sort of finish it off bug this year and have been working mainly on finishing of my looooooooooooooooooooong list of UFO's. This table centre is my first finish I only had to sew the binding down to complete it and I can't believe how long it has taken me to do it. I'm not sure how old this UFO is I think I would have done the stitchery at least 5 years ago. A bit ridiculous really. It is a Leanne's House stitchery and the pattern was from an old craft magazine.

Ready for the binding to be sewn down

I used perle cotton to quilt the top and I really like the chunky look it really suits the style of the quilting. I quilted it by machine and it wasn't too difficult considering the thickness of the thread.
I would only use a simple quilting pattern for this technique though mainly basic straight sewing.

Perle Cotton Quilting

I have another 2 UFOS that I have started on a table runner prepped ready for quilting and am in the process of piecing/sewing together another table runner. They both contain stitchery as well.
Seems like i can manage to get the stitching done but when it comes to putting it together it ends up in the UFO pile.

I hope this motivation to finally tackle this mammoth task keeps on going.

Bye for now, from Liz

9 comments:

Fiona said...

very pretty.. so glad it is finished... I have never seen or thought of using the perle cotton in the machine... so effective...
Hugz

sunny said...

good job! Now on to the next one. Doesn't it feel good to have a finish?

Susan said...

I am also intrigued by the idea of using poerle cotton - must follow that up - it could be very effective on a lot of things. Isnt it funny how the preparation and the finishing are such stumbling blocks - like you I am perfectly happy just stitching away them you actually have to make something with it. Looking great and I am glad you have your finishing off mojo back.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

It looks great. Congratulations on getting it finished.
Well, that's one down........... ;)
Sandy.

Maria said...

What a lovely finish. Using the Perle cotton looks great.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

I like the look of perle cotton on your project. Congrats on your finish.

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Hi Liz,
thats great, first goal for you ☺

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Looks great! I like the chunky quilting and using pearle cotton in the machine intrigues me.

Wendyb said...

You go girl....love that never give up attitude!!!!! Looks fan-tastic by the way! mmm...perle on the machine......interesting!!!! You'll have to divulge secrets!!!
looking forward to many more finishes
xxx hugs
Wendy :O)