Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just in the nick of time

Hello all, I am pleased to be joining in again this year with all you Sew It's Finished girls.  My efforts last year were not brilliant, but I was chuffed to see the bag I finished made it into the mosaic for the header/sidebar button!  I have updated my 2012 list on my blog.  You can find it here if you're interested, but sadly it doesn't look all that different from last year.

Today I decided if I was going to squeeze in a finish before the end of the month it would have to be an easy one, and it didn't come much easier than finishing this little Lavender pillow from a Country Threads magazine, which I stitched about 6 years ago.  For goodness sake, it only took about four minutes to stitch the opening closed!  I'm pretty sure this is one I mentioned last year as being one that wouldn't take much effort to finish and still I left it a whole year - what is wrong with me??


Anyway, I am enjoying seeing so many finishes from everyone, and I'm sure there will be lots more in 2012.  

Good luck girls............ Nicky





8 comments:

Fiona said...

Beautiful... well worth finishing... so very pretty...
Hugz

Dawn said...

LOL..I do the same put of the easy...not sure why?...oh well a lovely finish..
Hugs Dawn x x x

Liz said...

Very pretty. Good on you for getting a finish

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty pillow. Great start on UFO's this year.

Susan said...

It is lovely - and only a few minutes to finish?? I do wonder about my passion sometimes - its really is like an addiction at times. But at least we are not alone.

corina said...

Isn't it funny how some of the simplest tasks can take forever to finish? Such a lovely pillow - well worth finishing!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

The simplest things seem to trip us up sometimes. Nice finish!

miss~nance said...

Very pretty pillow.....