Monday, January 2, 2012

2009 Round Robin



Back in 2009 a couple of months after I bought my first sewing machine, I joined a Round Robin that was over almost 12 months. The embroidery and blocks came back to me in early December.

I thought it was a good way to learn how to make blocks and brush up on my embroidery skills.

Couple of weeks ago I put the stitchery on one of my coat hangers. This afternoon I turned it into a cushion that will now sit on my bed.

So glad I came across it, when looking for something else. It was a shame to have the beautiful work hidden away in a draw.

7 comments:

Lucky-1 said...

:)

Quiltingranny said...

Beautiful!

Lida said...

That looks lovely!
Lida

Chris H said...

Well done, it is very cute and so worth finishing.

miss~nance said...

Love how good this has turned ou, I never thought of making it up witout the blocks, but it looks so good I may have to "steal" this idea as I haven't made mine up yet, it's on my UFO list.

blessings

Gail

Wendyb said...

isn't it funny how once they're right in front of us, they are so much easier to get finished???? I'm sure this will be the first of many Lucky!
sew many hugs
Wendy :O) xo

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Very pretty! I think embroidery and ruffles go together so nicely.