Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What I've been up to this year!

Hello everyone,


Thought I would let you know what I've been up to the last week or so. It's been a bit crazy but thought I would try and get a couple of things finished this month.

This is a stitchery that I started last year and the colors match my kitchen. This is a decorative pot holder.

This is the front of my purse. I started the pieces last summer. I finished it today. I'm loving the colors and it's just the right size.

There are 2 end pockets. Both have pleated bottoms and elastic on the top. I put half a hexie on the top of the pocket.

This is the other side. The flap was easy and I used a magnetic snap for the first time. I think it was very easy to put in and it works great.


This is the two pockets in front of the purse. There are also 2 large pockets inside. Roomy!

This is a mini quilt I started years ago. All that needed to be done was to put the binding on. I pieced it together using some of the same fabric from the top. One corner didn't work out right but other wise, I love it.

Hope to add more later,

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/


4 comments:

Susan said...

What a great start to the UFOs for the year!

Wanda said...

Thank you. I've been anxious to get some things done so have been really working at finding the time.

Wanda
http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Great job Wanda! Your purse looks wonderful. I like my purses to have pleated pouches/pockets on the sides so I can keep a water bottle in there.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

A great start to the new year with your UFO's. I really like your decorative blue and white potholder.