Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just Under the Wire

Hi Everyone! I'm so happy I was able to join this challenge. I have a long list of ufo's that keeps increasing! First on my list was my Funky Flower Jelly Roll 1600 - which I managed to finish for January (with just under 8 hours to spare - I've always been a last minute kinda girl!). Now I know the post says February 1st, but here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada it is almost 5 pm on January 31st!
 
I love the backing on this quilt. There will be many more of my quilts with the zipper, or piano key backs. The quilt is my own pattern, using the Jelly Roll 1600 technique. The flowers are fused, then blanket stitched. I'm thinking it's going to be a donation quilt for Wildlife Haven Rehabilitation center.

Here is my list
-Funky Flower Jelly Roll 1600
-Cynthia England Landscape
-Gloria Loughman Landsape
-grey and taupe quilt
-black, white and lime green disappearing 9 patch
-gumdrops quilt
-ladybug quilt
-queen size potato chip quilt
-Moody Blues drunkards path
-Sunflower wallhanging
-queen size quilt for moi  (using Chocolat by Moda)
-Vicki Pignatelli project
-silent auction small wall quilt for our guild's challenge to raise money for the Humane Society of Winnipeg

There are at least 5 or 6 more that are in various stages of completion. I'm not counting the bundles of fabrics that have been designated for future projects. I think if I could complete even half of the above list, I would be quite impressed with myself.

Can't wait to see everyone's accomplishments every month!

Happy Stitching
corina
cwquilts.blogspot.com

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunningly gorgeous!! :)

Wendyb said...

just adorable Corina.....and oh so funny!!!! LOL
what a great idea!
and yes.....you're in!!!! hehehe
sew many hugs
wendy :O) xo

Kathy S. said...

Hmmmm! I may have to use this inspiration on my quilt. I did mine in Christmas fabrics and I just happened to get the GO! Snowflake die last week. It could work! Thank you so much for posting. Congrats on a great finish and donation to a great charity.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Great finish, love the flowers you appliqued on the quilt.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Fun quilt! I like the zipper backing too.

Susan said...

Some intersting sounding projects on your list - cant wait to see them all. Love the contrast of the black & white with bright colours.

Rebecca said...

I love the sprinkle of flowers on that black andwhite...just makes it for me

Passionate Quilter said...

Love it!

Fiona said...

Lovely finish.....
Hugz

Jolene said...

LOVE your quilt~ especially the 'rad' flowers! They remind me of "Peace", VW's and my daughter!