Monday, January 23, 2012

My First Finsh

Finally I can say I finished a top.
Hi I'm Kathleen from Rose Prairie 
Quilts and Farm in Oklahoma. I live on over a hundred acres with "the man of  the place". Kids are grown and live in other states. But we do have beef cattle and "my girl" (my chickens).
I love to quilt, knit and grow vegetables.

 This quilt seemed like it took forever on this one.
Grant cha there was a lot of appliqueing but seeing how it was a commission top for a shop, it took some of the fun out of it for me, felt pressured by time.
 This pattern is Heritage Sampler by Lori Smith. This is all I was asked to do, you see there is a border that should be around. One of half-square triangles.


 I love to applique and I enjoy stitching on one but I also like to my time at it. 


I did a method by using Ricky Tim's paper and stitching it on the machine. I did it that way so I would give it the look of needle turn. I have a tutorial on my blog if you would like learn this method. Go here
I hope to have another top done this week. If I do I'll be back with another show and tell.
Till next time
Kat
=^..^=

7 comments:

sunny said...

Oh my gosh - that's quite a finish~~ I'm heading over now to see your tutorial.

Barb said...

That is sooooooooooooo amazing!!

Lucky-1 said...

Stunning. beautiful, awesome and just stunning comes to mind:)

HUGGLES
Lucky

Maria said...

what a fantastic finish. Lucky recipient.

Wee Little Birds said...

Congrats on your finish...STUNNING!!!

Unknown said...

OMG- this is stunning and so much work. Well done you !!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Beautiful finish! I'm heading over to your blog now to check out that tutorial.