Monday, January 30, 2012

First finish for 2012

I started this quilt in March/April 2010 and was making it for my Aunt's 50th that was in July. So 7 months later here it is finished




The pattern is 'Life is Beautiful' by Hug's n Kisses
Who was I kidding thinking I could get all those stitcheries done in 2 months. Glad to say it's done and I will be glad to give it to Jenny. I highlighted some of the words by stitching them red. Words that described her and the things she does for us. Jenny looks after my elderly Grandparents and after my Grans stroke she did alot around their house, ran all over the place for them. Now they are in a village she still goes to take them to Dr's and out on outings. I wanted her to know we all appreciated what she does. Hope that she likes the quilt when she finally gets it.
Cheers for now
Geniene XX

10 comments:

Fiona said...

Its beautiful Geniene (no pun intended) ... lovely in the greens and what an amazing gift...
Hugz

Susan said...

Oh I do love that quilt - I would really like to make it - one day - after all the other UFOs (??) and I love the green colourway

Maria said...

What a beautiful gift to give to such a caring lady.
Great finish.

sunny said...

What an awesome gift to an awesome person.

Doris said...

Geniene, that is gorgeous. I've seen that pattern and really like it. You've done a beautiful job and what a lot of work!

Doris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Beautiful quilt for such an awesome lady.

Chris H said...

It is lovely, and I'm sure she will love it!

Sylvia said...

Such a lovely quilt~

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Beautiful!