Monday, January 16, 2012

Hi Everyone

My name is Cheryl.  My blog is Polka Dots and Rick Rack,  and I am so excited to be joining your group.  I have posted before than I am a serial starter…..just love starting new things, then tucking them away, so this absolutely is the place for me to be.001
Here is some of what I would like to tackle.  In the upper left corner there is a string quilt, that has 5 blocks done out of Celebrate Spring;  upper right, a Fat Quarter Shop Designer BOM that just needs the outer border; bottom left corner, a Moda pattern using Prairie Paisley…..lots of blocks done and then I found a mistake I had made in several blocks, so it got put aside and some reverse sewing needs to happen; lower right corner, my Cherry Quilt that I love, love….a few more Cherry blocks to buttonhole and then put the rows together.
002
Then there’s this….a pile of bindings!!  I have a binding business and I can get customer quilts done lickity split, but mine just seem to get tucked away!!
On a positive note I do have a finish for this001 year already.  In November at quilt camp I started this Full House pillow ….and I am happy to report that I actually finished it the first week of 2012!
006Thanks Wendy for the warm welcome and I look forward to visiting and seeing what everyone else has going on.

6 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

A binding business? That must keep you very busy. Making and adding the binding is my least favorite part.

Your pillow looks so cheerful.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Cheryl. The pillow is lovely! :)

Fiona said...

Great to have you stitching with us all... love the pillow...
Hugz

miss~nance said...

Love that lil house pillow - soooo cuute.

Maria said...

Sew nice of you to join us........
My favorite is the house pillow.

Susan said...

I love the hiuse oillow too - but there sure is abit of binding to go. Good Luck and welcome.