Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My first major finish of the year - and my first post !

Hello everyone.
My name is Rhianon and I have a blog over at The Nifty Stitcher.

I am so delighted to be part of this blog.  I've been a quilter for over 12 years and came to it through my work as an embroiderer.    I have a stack of UFO s to work my way through this year and I'm gonna do it!!

My first finish is this quilt :

I actually pieced the center this time last year and it hung in my workroom all year.  It is a gift for my brother and his wife.  

Here is a close up of my machine quilting.   I've only been machine quilting for 10 months and I love it.  Before that I quilted everything by hand.

Close up of the geisha fabric in the border.  
This is going in the post today and I can't wait to hear their reaction.  It's a complete surprise for them and I hope they love it.
I'm looking forward to making new quilty friends and I must say thank you to Dawn and Wendy for accepting me.
Have a great day everyone.
Rhianon.

10 comments:

Fiona said...

What a beautiful finish to start the year...
Hugz

Unknown said...

Maravilloso!

Susan said...

It is just gorgeous.

Maria said...

Wonderful finish. What great quilting too.

Wendyb said...

ooh Rhianon....that's just beautiful....and only machine quilting for 10 months???? I don't believe it!!!! It's perfect! You obviously have a quilting machine??? Your brother and SIL are going to love it....only wish I could see their reactions!
....and these ladies will all make you feel very welcome! Can't wait to see more!
sew many hugs
Wendy :O) xo

The Nifty Stitcher said...

Thank you ladies for all your nice compliments . Wendy I don't have a quilting machine - just a very basic little domestic. I do have tonnes of enthusiasm and determination - oh and I practice lots:) Thanks for the lovely welcome too.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Gorgeous quilt and the quilting is fantastic. I haven't tried my hand at machine quilting yet. Guess I am a big chicken. LOL.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Wow!! you should be very pleased...your quilting looks professional...love the quilt!!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Gorgeous, your quilting is beautiful! I'm sure they'll love it.

Chris H said...

That quilt is drop dead gorgeous! Well done on the finish.