Sunday, January 8, 2012

"I've finished my 1st flower blanket".

Hello everyone,  I joined this blog ages ago and as yet have not posted anything finished.  I know it 's not a quilt but it's a finish! Late last year I made this crocheted African flower blanket.  I have never really got into crochet  before but now I'm hooked!  I really love it !.   I have finally finished it... It took me about a year to finish it.  I so enjoyed it...might even do another one someday!
I really must try and finish some stuff...a lot of things started but this is number one!  sue~nz

7 comments:

Dawn said...

oh Wow, I too love crochet or hooking as my girls call it...One DD even told her teacher I was a hooker at show and tell.... hence her newly crocheted hat...the teacher nearly wet herself with laughter...then I had to make 3 teachers a hat..LOL
well done, keep on finishing...it looks fabulous
Hugs Dawn x

Kathy S. said...

Cute cute cute! Congrats on your finish. I don't crochet yet. But I love looking at this afigan. It looks like a pattern I could take with me while I am waiting on my son to finish one of his appointments. It seems to lay so nice and flat. Great job!

Fiona said...

It's gorgeous.... no wonder you are hooked... very pretty flowers..
Hugz

Maria said...

What a beautiful finish.

sunny said...

It's beautiful! I love crocheting, but I don't like fiddling with all the little yarn ends, or sewing pieces together, so I stick with different designs. I really admire your patience in putting this together. It's a huge finish!!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Looks wonderful! I love to crochet and I am usually very good at making all the motifs. When it comes time to sew them all together the afghan usually gets squished in a bag and forgotten lol.

Chris H said...

Girl that is a quilt! Just done differently to us 'sewers'. I have made a few crotched quilts in my day too.
Yours is gorgeous. Well done.